Friday, March 13, 2009



Welcome to our blog! This blog is about our experience in Uganda. We are going to Uganda to help facilitate a workshop for teachers on Environmental Education in collaboration with the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada and Uganda. It is going to be an exciting two weeks with opportunities for professional and personal development. Sue and I leave tonight and arrive in Entebbe tomorrow evening. Ann will be meeting us on Sunday. The first week of our adventure will be spent in Entebbe planning for the workshop that we will be assisting in the second week in Bushenyi. We will be updating our blog daily (at least we will try!), and posting pictures so we invite everyone to follow us on our trip.

7 comments:

  1. Alissa, I hope that this email finds you well and rested after your long flight. although it has only been a few days we all miss you greatly. Enjoy all of the experiences.

    See ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    Thinking about you each and every day. I jope this message reaches you as I don't have any idea what I'm doing (first time blog user)! i hope you're adventure is everything you wanted it to be. By now I'm sure you know "what it sounds like, feels like and looks like" not to mention "tastes like".

    Love you forever and always,
    Robby XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness we heard from you! I was getting worried about you! I hope you feel more rested today. This is so great to see pictures of you and the other girls and some of the wildlife you are seeing as well. Keep it coming!
    Enjoy every moment!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sue, Glad you made it ok. Hope the plane ride was good. Looking forward to seeing some pic's. Enjoy your stay. Love ya. Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sue,

    Last communication before I leave tomorrow for Cuba. The weather here has been friggin' amazing this week. Warm temps and sunny. I'm all packed and ready to hit the beach and the sun.

    Writing to you in Uganda feels like I'm communicating from a different planet.
    Be safe and as I tell my kids, "Make good choices!"

    Love your surrogate mom and friend,
    Robby
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. am on an exponential learning curve just getting onto the ruddy blog..Tom had to help me in the end...enjoy...love Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alissa,

    Thanks to you and the others for allowing us to travel along with you through this blog. The pictures are especially enjoyable. We look forward to hearing all about your adventure.

    See ya,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete